CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - Take 2 of Disney


As most know, we took a trip to Orlando over Spring Break due to I couldn't due much this past Christmas since I broke my wrist.  We had a great time and decided to do the "real Disney vacation" we stayed at the http://www.shadesofgreen.org/, did not rent a car so we used their transportation (shuttle buses).  It was very different than I visioned but we had a good time.  I guess I was just surprised that with it being a military resort that we would have "military prices"  it was more so of Disney prices.  If you wanted a soda you paid $1.75 for a bottle (not a 2 Liter bottle), at the AAFES....I know I am on vacation but I don't need to break the bank.  Lucky for me I had family in Florida that came to visit so I made them do a shopping trip for snacks and drinks.  I did love they had a lot of restaurants nearby but for some reason never what we wanted to eat...made Ryan miss my cooking. :)  We enjoyed the extra magic hours, although the whole park is not open so if your staying at a Disney resort for this option....make sure to check the Disney World website to see what attractions are open during the extra magic hours...I didn't know they had a listing until the last park we went to.  So all in all, if we take a trip to Disney again, I would rather rent a condo or house through http://www.homeaway.com/ & rent a car.  We had a great experience the last time we rented a condo and I really liked having a kitchen which is most important.  Another site to check out for hotels, condos, etc is http://www.afvclub.com/...we used this before for Orlando and for Greece, great prices for military.  I did this blog for some of my friends planning trips to Orlando and were asking about the things we did and places we stayed.  We had a busy week.  We went to Epcot, Disney Quest, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.  We also did a Hot Air Balloon Ride.  Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Minnie Mouse Candy Apple

Italian Night @ the Garden Gallery

Micky Mouse at Shades of Green
Lilo at Typhoon Lagoon

Hot Air Balloon Ride

Basket w/ the crew

Nope, I did not take this but I thought it was awesome!

UP close of us in the Basket
Family Photo 

Easter Sunday

Katelyn, Michaela, Amberlyn & Marissa

Aunt Brandy, Amberlyn, Michaela, Marissa & Katelyn

Katelyn, Marissa, Amberlyn, Uncle Billy (aka Big Billy) & Michaela

The boys never let me take their photo:  Lil Billy, Big Billy, RJ, Branden & Marissa

Uncle Rj & Amberlyn (so sweet!)

My Brothers!

Mickey Mouse

Branden & Marissa checking out the Ducks

Katelyn, Lil Billy & Branden

Marissa, Branden & Amberlyn enjoying pool time.

More Pool time!

Epcot



Duffy newest Disney Character


Kim Possible Missions...that was so much fun at Epcot!

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Great pics, Disney twice in a few months...awesome! The girls have grown so much, can't believe how tall K looks! We looked at SOG as well but ended up not being able to get the COT done in time to go. Thanks for the heads up about the various pros and cons.

Post a Comment